Sunday 10 October 2010

True Stories ~ Jenny Nicholls

"Eighteen months ago I was destitute, with no way out. My debts amounted to £8,000. A five year illness had stripped me of my life savings and meant I could no longer pay my credit card bills. This led to stress and depression.

I couldn't cope with life most of the time, let alone conduct my finances. I could no longer juggle my money to pay the bills, eat and keep a roof over my head.

I was truly at the end of my tether. It was my darkest hour, with suicidal thoughts running through my head.

I phoned my friend Judy, who told me about CAP and introduced me to Dani (CAP Clevedon Centre Manager). She visited me at home and we planned a way forward.

I can't explaine the relief I felt when I realised CAP weren't looking to gain financially from me, but were genuingly there to help me.

The pressure was taken off my shoulders and I had enough money to live on each week. Feeling better, I then tried to come off my anti-depressants but ended up with horrendous withdrawal symptoms.

I called Judy, who came to see me. She asked me if I wanted to be saved and I said, "Yes I do. I'm desperate, I want Jesus in my life." From that moment on, things have just got better and better!

CAP managed to get a reduced settlement figure for my debts and, after re-mortgaging my house to release some money, I am now debt free!

Due to my previous illness, working full time wasn't possible, so with some of the money from my re-mortgage, I bought a smaller house to renovate. That property is now fully renovated and back up for sale - I have a new career in property development!

I also have time to concentrate on my singing voice, which will now be used for His glory.

I'm now off anti-depressants and I have my life back - none of this would have been possible without Christians Against Poverty."

No comments:

Post a Comment